Vision, values and ethos
It is our aim to provide everyone at Rackenford Church of England Primary School with a happy, stimulating educational environment in which our Christian values are taught.
We will encourage development including self-discipline, respect for others and their religious beliefs.
We will seek to fulfill each individual’s education and social potential through encouragement, opportunity and spiritual guidance.
Our mission is to encourage individuals to develop their potential; intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally. In order to achieve this we believe that learning together is essential and should take place in an atmosphere of a happy, stimulating educational environment that values the school’s Christian tradition.
In their time at Rackenford we will strive to ensure that our children will:
- Gain knowledge, concepts and skills appropriate to their age and ability.
- Work within a stimulating and challenging environment, which is both happy and caring.
- Develop an awareness of their own and other’s worth.
- Be enthusiastic and original.
- Develop the ability and confidence to communicate.
- Develop their responsibility and independence in all aspects of the learning environment.
- Work towards effective learning by developing a positive attitude and encouraging independent and imaginative use of resources.
- Achieve their true potential
At Rackenford Primary School our core values are:
These values are at the heart of all that we do and underpin both the curriculum and the wider life of the school. During our daily act of worship, we explore these themes and what they mean in practical terms. This learning is then further developed within the classroom where the children examine these values more closely in an age-appropriate way.
Our Ethos Statement
We are a Church of England school in the Diocese of Exeter.
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles and practice of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church in the parish and the diocese.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith and promotes Christian values through the experiences it offers to all its pupils.