Our school day starts at 9am and ends at 3.30pm. There is a staff member on duty in the playground every morning from 8.45am. We encourage children to play outside as much as possible and ask that parents provide a waterproof coat and wellies in wet weather. Devon is not the driest county in England so it's best to be prepared!
Children are welcome to bring in a healthy snack to have at break time - we do not allow crisps, chocolate or sweets. They should also bring in their own water bottle, clearly named. There are water coolers in all three classrooms.
For lunch, they may bring in their own packed lunch or enjoy a school meal. The majority of pupils have a school meal at least once a week. Many have school meals every day. Roast dinners and fish and chips are always particularly popular. All school meals are freshly prepared each day by our excellent cook, Sandra Charalambous, and there is always a vegetarian option. Children in Reception, Year One and Year Two automatically qualify for free school meals via the Government's Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme. For children in Years Three, Four, Five and Six meals are paid for in advance either weekly or half-termly and cost £2.15 per day. Money should be sent in on a Monday, cheques made payable to Devon County Council.
School meals are also free to children who qualify for Pupil Premium no matter which year they are in. See below.
How do I qualify?
If you receive any of these benefits you will be entitled to Free School Meals:
* Income-based & Contribution-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA) or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) on an equal basis
* Income Support (IS) * Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (IBJSA)
* Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (IRESA)
* Child Tax Credit (without Working Tax Credit) and with an annual taxable income assessed by HM Revenue and Customs to be less than £16,190
* Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
* Where a parent is entitled to a Working Tax Credit run-on (the payment received for a further 4 weeks when no longer qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
* Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
For more information, please contact Mrs Lewry in the school office on 01884 881354.